You will find two separate Excel courses in this Excel Free Online Course package by Microsoft. The first course is a basic one and deals with general concepts of MS Excel such as tables, grids, slicers, formulas, relations, and basics of pivot tables. The second course is relatively advanced one and deals with more advanced uses of pivot tables, pivot charts, slicers, queries, filters, DAX functions, and visualizations of Excel. Study the details of each course and go for the suitable one for you.
Microsoft Excel (MS Excel) is a Microsoft Company product that comes with the MS Office Package. It is one of the best tools available for data analysis, and as far as the skill to analyze data is very much important in the business world for its own reasons, Excel becomes one of the most powerful analytical tools.
Microsoft alongside the Online Learning Platform, edX, have developed these two very useful Excel Free Online Courses that are available on edX.com. You just need to make a login ID for yourself and easily access the full course for free. The two offered courses are of short terms of 4 and 6 weeks. However; they will only be accessible until the end of June. The Courses are fully self-paced and downloadable. Hence; you can begin with the courses as per your expertise and time schedule.
The Excel Free Online Course details
As said above, two different courses are available. The first course titled “Introduction to Data Analysis using Excel” teaches you the basics of Excel. The second course titled “Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Excel” develops your skills in Excel. Both the courses also have practice tests and quizzes in order to evaluate your progression. Read more about the courses below;
Need a TOEFL Free Online Course? Click HERE
Introduction to Data Analysis using Excel – Basic Course
In this course you will learn about the basics of MS Excel and you will also learn how to store, manipulate and analyze data. Some of the key subjects you will study are as below;
- Excel tables, filter, sort, total, and calculations
- Pivot tables, pivot charts, dashboard, slicers, and their connections
- Advanced pivot tables, filter methods, calculations of profitability and anomalies
- The use of formulas, multiple pivot tables and Excel Data Table
Read more about the course HERE
Introduction to Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Excel – Advanced Course
In this course you will learn about some more advanced concepts of MS Excel. This course will include but not limited to;
- Data analysis, Excel data model, power pivot add-in, DAX functions
- Queries (Power query add-in), formation of Excel data model, importing SQL database, mash-ups between data from text-files and SQL databases
- DAX functions, advanced text query, queries beyond the standard user interface
- Creating visualizations, cube functions, create timelines, hierarchies, and slicers, power BI, Excel on mobile platform
Read more about the course HERE
Both the courses are taught by highly professionals. The Instructors are;
- Dany Hoter: Solutions Architect at DataRails
- Jonathan Sanito: Senior Content Developer at Microsoft
The Courses in Short
- Price: Free of charge (with an option to avail a verified certificate for $99.00 for each course)
- Deadline: end of June 2020
- Length: 4 to 6 weeks
- Time required: 2 to 4 hours per week
- Course Mode: Video and Transcript materials
- Level: Basic & Advanced
- Language: English
- Offered by: Microsoft & edX
- Pre–requisites: familiarity with MS Excel 2016/ 2013
Note: If you enroll for the course for free, you will only have until the end of June 2020 to complete the course. After that you will not be able to access the course with the same account.
How to Join the Courses?
- Go to edX website
- Create an account and sign up
- Find the course “Introduction to Data Analysis using Excel” or “Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Excel “ and click “Enroll”
- edX also offers honor codes to grab discounts on the Certificates for finishing the courses.
- Log in to your edX account and go to your dashboard to access the course.