Take this Online Writing Course for free and master English Compositions from the comfort of your home.
Writing is one of the primary skills of English language. It is probably the most difficult part of taking the TOEFL. You require it essentially when you enter college or university because university life revolves very much around writing (essays, papers, researches, and etc.). Additionally; we all, in one way or the other, are writers. We write e-mails, blogs, letters, essays, journals, or even novels. Now, the question is “How to get better in Writing?”.
Duke University, which is one of the Top Private Universities in the United States of America, is one of the leading universities in the fields of Computer Science, Econometrics, and Quantitative Economics. Some even compare its undergraduate programs with the likes of Harvard and MIT. Duke University in collaboration with Coursera, a global online learning platform, is offering a free Online Writing Course at the level of first year college. The course goes from the basics of English Compositions to the very essential and key skills required to write professionally and academically. The Course contains video teachings and explanations along with dozens of practices and review assignments. Also the course is accessible for free. However; you might not be able to access some of the assignments. At the end of the course, you can also avail a verified certificate from Coursera just for the cost of $ 49.0.
The Online Writing Course – English Compositions I – details
The course is fully self-paced and flexible in its dates. You can take the course and cover the lessons as per your own schedule. It is available for anyone who is interested in improving their reading and writing skills. Some of the assignments might not be available if your access the course for free. However; all the lessons and instructional notes will be accessible for all.
The course has a tight schedule which goes for the duration of 10 weeks. By the end of the course, you will have a clear understanding and perfect skill of a college-level student’s writing ability in any field. During the course, you will practice how to write effective arguments, digest English compositions, and craft powerful writings.
The Course is taught by “Dr. Denise Comer, Assistant Professor of the Practice; Director of First-Year Writing; Duke University”, and lastly; it is important for you to complete all the graded assignments in order to complete the course.
The Course’s Syllabus
- One: The Writing Process
- Two: Critical Reading
- Three: Project 1: Visual Analysis
- Four: Revision Strategies and Visual Analysis Revision
- Five: Project 2: Case Study
- Six: Writing Cohesively and Case Study Revision
- Seven: Project 3: Op-Ed
- Eight: Crafting Powerful Prose and Op-Ed Revision
- Nine: Transferring Writing Practices, Skills, and Knowledge to New Contexts
- Ten: Writing in the Humanities, Social Science, and Natural Sciences
The Course in Short
- Price: Free of charge (with an option to avail a verified certificate for $49.00)
- Deadline: always available
- Length: 10 weeks
- Time required: 3 to 5 hours per week
- Course Mode: Video and Transcript materials
- Level: First-year College
- Language: English
- Offered by: Duke University & Coursera
- Pre-requisites: General understanding of English Language
Learn Excel Online for Free HERE
How to Join the Course?
- Go to Coursera website
- Create an account and sign up
- Search the course “English Composition I” and click “Enroll”.
- Coursera also offers financial aids on the Certificates for finishing the course.
- Log in to your Coursera account and go to your dashboard to access the course.
Need more Online Writing Course? Click HERE