Call for the applications for TVET Scholarships in Agronomy for Afghan Women for the year 2020 has begun. This program is funded by the European Union and UNDP in partnership with the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Specialized Education of the Republic of Uzbekistan. Afghan Women who have graduated from high school (12th grade) can apply for the opportunity until August 15th, 2020. The scholarship is fully funded and its duration is for 3 academic years. Students will enhance their professional skills in agronomy during their studies both theoretically and practically by completing practical projects at enterprises and farms of Uzbekistan.
TVET Scholarships in Short
- Deadline: August 15th, 2020
- Who can apply: Afghan Women graduated for high school (12th grade)
- Scholarship level: Professional degree
- Field of study: Agronomy
- Application mode: Online
- Scholarship type: Fully funded
- Scholarship duration: 3 academic year
Study period in Uzbekistan
Students who qualify for the scholarships will go to Uzbekistan for a duration of 3 academic year which begins from September 2020.
First-year (September 2020 to May 2021), the students will take Uzbek and English Language basic courses. Besides, they will also take science courses such as Chemistry and Biology. Additionally, they will have to participate in the Training Winter School organized by UN-Women.
Second-year (September 2021 to May 2022), the students will take all the required theory courses in Agronomy. These courses will include but not limited to the theories of growing up of cotton, grain, fruit, and vegetable.)
Third-year (September 2022 to May 2023), the students will have to complete all the practical works and projects.
Additionally; there will be other available optional courses which the students can take upon their own interest such as language courses (Russian, German, etc.), arts, and sports sections. The students will also have the opportunity to visit the historical sites of Uzbekistan during their academic year breaks.
- Be an Afghan Women graduated from High School (12th grade)
- Have the passion to enhance their professional skills in Agronomy
- Intermediate knowledge of English Language
- Must have scored 70 or above in Chemistry and Biology in High School
- Must pass the English Written Test and Interview stage
Some other options which are not mandatory but further strengthens your application are;
- Work experience in Agronomy
- Bachelor’s degree
- Gather all the required documents, fill them, and then scan them (the procedure is online.).
- Passport or Tazkira (soft form)
- Application Form with the written consent of the applicant’s parents or spouse (You can download this form from the end of this page.)
- Shahadatnama (diploma) and Transcript (soft form)
If you have a Bachelor’s degree, scan it too.
- Motivation Letter in English (free form, no more than 300 words)
- Work experience (if you have)
- E-mail all the documents to (email@example.com) by the deadline.
- Successful candidates will be contacted for Written English Test and then Interview.
If you have further questions regarding the scholarships and procedures, you can contact at (firstname.lastname@example.org).